Portcullis is a sliding gate (from coleice to slide & porte=gate). It is often found in castles or dungeons to prevent passage. These are very hard to “break down” because they are made of metal bars that slide up and down a groove in the stone wall. More often than not the lever to open it is on the other side of the gate. So it is helpful to have a mechanical or magical way to lift a lever.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Playing Online with Roll 20 is Actually Just Like Gaming Around a Table
- Pathfinder Tips for Convention Play
- Word of the Week: BAGATELLE
- Word of the Week: PRECIOUS
- Word of the Week: ABATTOIR