The word of the week is a cute, fun to say word that represents a less than cute or fun event. Gardyloo is what someone would yell before they throw waste water or empty chamber pots from the window above. This will hopefully give the people below enough time to get out of the way. It is dervied from French “garde à l’eau!”… “Look out for the water”, but sounds almost delightful.
This could be used when a group visits a foreign town and they walk down the streets and hear someone yell “Gardyloo”. If they do not make their saving throw, they will be doused with “bad water”, and have a “bad” day.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Playing Online with Roll 20 is Actually Just Like Gaming Around a Table
- Pathfinder Tips for Convention Play
- Word of the Week: BAGATELLE
- Word of the Week: PRECIOUS
- Word of the Week: ABATTOIR