Compurgation is a trial method in which the defendant may be acquitted on the sworn endorsement of friends or neighbors.
It is good to be nice to people, because you never know when you may need help. In a game, our party had been asked to recover objects that may be in warehouse. We saw no harm in this, but when we got caught we found the owner was not the person who asked us to get said items. The person who did send us to get the item was of course a noble and could not make it known they knew us. But we had a few well respected friends in the community who spoke on our behalf, and said we were just in the wrong place at the wrong time and that we would never “steal” things, and on we went with our day, with no jail time.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Playing Online with Roll 20 is Actually Just Like Gaming Around a Table
- Pathfinder Tips for Convention Play
- Word of the Week: BAGATELLE
- Word of the Week: PRECIOUS
- Word of the Week: ABATTOIR